Monday 14 November 2011

The Alternative Bride

I was recently asked to help out on a photo shoot for an 'edgy bridal' look which incorporated an editorial style wedding dress and some funky accessories. I jumped at the chance and after discussing the themes, decided to branch out and make the make up stand out as much as the dress. I did some research online and immediately fell in love with these:








I decided to practice on myself seeing as it was my first photo shoot and after having an experiment decided to go for a leopard print based look. Combined with gold (to match the detail on the dress) I thought that this would look really edgy and finish off the alternative style dress well. Unfortunately I don't have the final images to show you yet but I will post them soon! In the meantime here are the photos that I took:





To get this effect I used a pale, natural foundation and powder, a rose pink blusher and mixed together a light brown and orange lipstick to create this beautiful light coral effect. For the eyes I blended golden browns across the eyelid and completed the leopard print detail with a black eyeliner and a steady hand! A dash of gold across the top took away the starkness of the black print. I then finished it off by licking black eyeliner around the eye and (of course!) black eyelashes on top. Obviously I made no effort with the outfit but I did backcomb my hair and add a hair accessory! You will see the finished result on the photo shoot itself soon! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment