Wednesday 23 November 2011

The Big Day

Bridal makeup is supposed to enhance a woman's natural beauty, and there are many different ways of doing this. Indian bridal makeup is absolutely stunning and the makeup artists really know how to create dramatic but beautiful looks. They include alot more colour and detail in their makeup and the use of clothes, accessories and adornments really finish off the look. I have included some images below for you to see what I mean:






I attempted to recreate an indian bridal look in class. I kept the look quite natural using golden brown eyeshadows blended outwards and black eyeliner around the eyes. I added plain black but full lashes too. This accentuates the eyes and has the effect of enlarging them. I then neatened and defined the brows with a dark eyeshadow and used gold beads stuck on with eyelash glue around the eyebrows to add adornments and decoration in an indian style. Finally, I used a deep red to line the lips and then used a ruby red lipstick to plump them up. Unfortunately I didn't have much else with me to finish off the look in terms of costume and jewellery but I hope to have another practice at this at some point and perhaps use more colour in the makeup too. Here are the end results:




No comments:

Post a Comment