Saturday 3 March 2012

Bald and Beautiful

Since starting my makeup course, I can't help but question and analyse everything I see in films and on television in terms of how they managed to create the makeup. One thing that I have seen alot is the use of bald caps, whether that be to merely cover hair, or to transform a person into another creature altogether.







They are surprisingly difficult to apply and very time consuming, although I am sure it comes with practice. You can purchase different sizes or thickness bald caps and ours were fairly thin. We were only provided with 2 bald caps in our kits so there was no pressure! Once the model's hair has been slicked back or wrapped and the bald cap is on (you may need a few extra hands!) the bald cap needs to be stuck on with spirit gum and then the edges blended into the skin with acetone. This is the hard part, blending the edges so that it cannot be seen, and unfortunately you can see them in my photos :(  But practice makes perfect!





No comments:

Post a Comment