Monday 5 March 2012

Masking Beauty

After the fashion bridal shoot with photographer Rachael-Emily, we both wanted to work together again and do something more creative. I had a few masks knocking around at home which I have never known what to use them for, so I thought they could work as something to base the shoot around. Here are some of the photos I found during my research which I used as inspiration:





From this we wanted to work with the themes like vanity, emotion, masking beauty and theatre. I wanted to make sure that the makeup still stood out next to and behind the masks, so I kept to the theatrical theme with silver tears, bright red lips, and big eyelash clad eyes. Rachael and I clubbed together some accessories such as an old mirror, simple white dress and a fur coat which worked really well together and helped to pull some of the other themes together. Rachael did an amazing job of using light and shadow to create some awesome shapes and images, I was very impressed! Our model, Paige looks beautiful in these photos too and really helps to bring our themes to life. Here are the finished results and we were all really pleased with them, we got some amazing shots!













Finally, we also ventured up to the cliffs in Peacehaven where we took some editorial photos in the foliage. You cannot see the makeup so well in these ones but I was still glad to be a part of it and get some additional images which show great diversity and composition. Poor Paige was freezing though and had to pose bare foot!






No comments:

Post a Comment