Friday 2 March 2012

Goblins

Films such as Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and television shows like Dr Who have fascinated me. How the designers and makeup artists create such lifelike creatures really inspires me and this is why I really enjoyed our prosthetics module at college where I constructed a goblin character.





I wanted to recreate a goblin and so used a prosthetic nose and ears. The prosthetics are made of latex, stuck on with an adhesive called Prosaide and then need to blended into the skin with more latex. The trick is to build up layers and try to thin out the latex so that it looks more natural. We also used hairdryers to dry the latex quicker. Once they are secure they need to be blended to the natural skin colour or the chosen colour of the creature. If the prosthetic piece is a significantly different colour then it may need to be lightened or darkened first and then matched to the skin colour in order to make it more convincing. Here are some images of both my boyfriend and a college friend as a goblin!







No comments:

Post a Comment