Wednesday 11 July 2012

Avant Garde Airbrushing

For my final project we had to create a full Avant Garde look including hair, makeup, costume and accessories, using body art and the airbrush. Avant Garde is so creative and varied and it allows you to really experiment and go wild with makeup. To get an idea, here are some avant garde images, most of which from the IMATS student competitions:




 


I decided to create an Avant Garde look with 'Tribal Beauty' as the theme. I wanted to be able to use the airbrush to compliment the theme and use colours, textures and materials to emphasise it.

I went to a volunteer recycling centre in Watford called 'Wrap' which was excellent as there were so many materials and amazing bits and peices in there which gave me ideas and inspiration for my costume and look, and most of my costume was made out of the materials I got there.

After prepping my lovely model and friend Sacha, :) I created the base with normal liquid foundation and added fierce features such as harsh black solid eyebrows and bright red blusher. I wanted this to be rough looking in order to be in keeping with the tribal theme. Then I used doilies and the airbrush machine to create an intricate pattern on the face and body, blending red and brown to add more depth. This worked surprisingly well and really accentuated the theme. I then completed the look by crimping and backcombing Sacha's hair and adding adornments to the face. Once costumed up we were ready to go and here are the finished results:









No comments:

Post a Comment