Tuesday 17 July 2012

Black, White and Beautiful

I have been busy working on lots of photoshoots and other work experience recently, and it has been a great opportunity to work with lots of other photographers, makeup artists, models and clothing designers. One of my favourite shoots has been with photographer Liam Cox from Reading and model Michelle Bridget from Hemel Hempstead. It took a while for us to organise this shoot but we finally settled on a local location in to Michelle and I in Kings Langley, where we have previously worked.

The theme of the shoot was to focus on black and white photography and makeup. I wanted to create real depth and emotion in the images by using highlighting, shading and contouring in the makeup, especially on the cheekbones, nose, jawline, brows and eye sockets. Here are some images which I fell in love with and was really inspired by:








I really love the raw emotion and feeling that comes through in these shots and this is what I hoped to recreate. I used darker tones on Michelles eyes and cheekbones in order to add definition and depth to the face, although I still think I could have done more. I also used a paler foundation in order to create a contrast betweeen the two. She looked quite strange in colour as her makeup was darker but I think it worked well in the black and white images. Liam shot her in black and white as well so they look much more effect than just changing the tone.  Here are the finished shots:











No comments:

Post a Comment